Moving Toward Competitiveness

I've found the game of Warmachine/Hordes unfulfilling beyond the hobby aspect for more than a year now. With the confluence of eMorvahna playing in a way I wish pMorvahna could and the recent commentated Iron Gauntlet videos Privateer Press Prime has released, I find myself with a re-ignited passion.

For too long I played caster kill only or strictly killbox. Even with this current season of JBL starting to utilize SR2013 rules, I only got a few games in that were scenario and was still helping some opponents while the group grows their armies and experience. Our non-gaming-store group has a lot of potential with very smart players.

HOWEVER, I live very close to a spawning vessel of serious tournament players with decent access to most major East Coast tournaments. So I am moving in a direction.
Morvahna the Dawnshadow (*5pts)
* Woldwatcher (5pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
Reeves of Orboros (Leader and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Warpborn Skinwalkers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
* Warpborn Alpha (3pts)
Wolves of Orboros (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Wolf of Orboros Officer & Standard (2pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
Blackclad Wayfarer (2pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)
War Wolf (1pts)
War Wolf (1pts)
I like double stalker as much as the next guy, but I believe eMorv's feat begs for 3 units of infantry. Also no Gorax. The hope is that Scales of fate will be strong enough to fill in the gaps when the Stalker really needs it. I want to consider Woldwrath, but I would have to sacrifice a lot of bodies to do it. Lastly is the Woldwatcher. Great for his protective benefits but with the improved consistency of Scales of Fate giving him a much better chance of putting that forrest exactly where it's needed.

Won't know until I try it more. With this build the only thing I may consider changing off the bat is dropping the the Stones w/ Keeper for a Gatorman Witchdoctor.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you re-ignited! I started moving towards more competitive play, but I just don't get enough games in to get much better. It sounds like you'll be getting some more games in, feel like battlereporting them?

    I don't think I've played Circle yet, so I can't really comment on the list. Paint it up :]

    ReplyDelete