Table War Trays

As the next PBL event approaches in 6 days, I've been working away on some terrain projects. After years of playing on the same tables, interest has been expressed in refurbishing and updating some of them. They have held up great, but as our painting and gaming experience has grown, the tables stand largely unimproved.

Table War tray in progress.
While I've been in a terrain mode, I've also made some progress on my Table War trays. Above is the second tray having the base-guides glued in, the gaps filled with foam putty and some slate glued down. It is ready for sand and priming, but that process obscures the details of the product.

This product comes with the retaining tray, a piece of square tin to glue into the bottom and then I ordered base-guide packs of the appropriate sizes. The tin allows for easy magnetization by simply gluing a rare-earth magnet into the base of each miniature.

After fiddling around with a layout that not only filled the space well, but also would be a useful layout for more than one army. I glued the base-guides directly onto the tin and then used some Woodland Scenics Foam Putty to fill the cavities between guides.

My Circle of Orboros in my first finished Table War tray.
With some dry-brushing and flock, we have our finished product. Just needs a few coats of matte varnish, but that can wait till the other two trays are ready. Looking forward to having a full shelf of finished trays to bring to the PBL this coming weekend, along with some new terrain to get our battles on with.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog while trying to do some research on these trays. The tray is looking great.

    Are you happy with the trays and how well do they sit in the case? Any chance you plan to do any more posts on the case/trays? I'd b be interested in seeing it as most blogs about the tablewar trays seem to be 40K based on on WM/H which I would be using them for. Thanks....Nog

    ReplyDelete