PBL 2012 - Round 4: Circle vs Cygnar & Skorne

Round 4 of this year's Paul's Basement League started with our second set of 25 point match-ups. I played 2 games; the first against Scott's Cygnar and the second against Wyatt's Skorne. Having spent so much time repairing and converting my Gorax, I was not able to finish any models completely to add to my paint-points for the season. (warning: many pics after the jump)


Scott's 25 points was lead by the snipe-tastic Kara Sloan. The above picture happened to have a few extra models that weren't included in his list (including a jack, Striker and the journeyman warcaster). The matches for this round were Throw Down scenarios, which include two separated 10" control areas.

With my new Grayle list, I set out to use my druids as a vortex wall to allow my heavy hitters to get close enough to do some damage and hopefully use sprint to get away. Early on the Reeve Hunter, War Wolf and Morgraig took out Scott's Hunter 'jack in one set of assaults while the druids swung around to block off the right side control area and protect my beasts. Scott moved into position to do the same. I knew I'd have to weather a hail of bullets to be able to pry him from his control area.


As the battle moved on, I lost a few druids getting into position. On the turn I annihilated his Charger, he reorganized some but tried to take advantage of an opening, leaving Kara in the open as well. Playing like I had a pair, having put myself into a bad situation, I tried to use Gallows to pull Kara into a position that the Warpwolf Stalker could take advantage of, but failed. Kara's own retaliatory shooting was transferred to the Stalker, but the Gun Mages ended up sealing the deal with a handful of Brutal Damage Criticals. Farstrider Down.

My battle report with Wyatt will be in my next post this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment